There’s nothing like lounging poolside in a killer swimsuit that’s the perfect fit for your body type and personal style. You look good, you feel good, and you couldn’t take a bad selfie if you tried. (And who would ever do that?!)
With summer right around the corner, its finally time to start stocking up on all the hot swimsuit trends you’ll be seeing this year, like sassy tropical bikinis and sexy kimono cover-ups.
Keep reading to see this summer’s most sizzling swimwear trends and to get some tips on how to rock these looks in and out of the water.
No matter where you’re headed this summer, there’s a cutout suit to match every occasion. The key is finding the suit you feel most confident in, whether that’s one with a cutout design on the midriff, back, side, or cleavage area.
- Family-friendly events? – Choose a conservative cutout design in a universally flattering color like sage or peach.
- Pool party with your crush? Fire things up with a midriff-revealing cutout suit.
- Feeling shy? – Throw on a sheer kimono cover-up or a cute pair of shorts over your suit.
Can’t afford a tropical vacation this year? Pshh, that’s no problem. Bring the tropics to you by wearing a swimsuit that features palm trees, leaves, pineapples, flowers, or plant patterns. (Just add a flower lei and a coconut drink for a more authentic experience.)
- Show your personality: Go for a monochrome tropical bikini in green or orange hues or try mixing things up with a multicolored tropical print.
- Add some color: Pair this look with a bright-pink lip and all eyes will be on you all summer long.
Animal Print Swimsuits
Leopard print is one of the most popular swimwear trends of 2019. The fun thing about leopard print is that you can make it your whole look or incorporate small elements if you’re not ready to embrace your inner cheetah just yet.
For example, you can go full leopard with a racy one-piece suit or pair leopard-print accessories, like a headband or earrings, with a more conservative suit.
- You can’t go wrong with a black kimono cover-up for a sleek and chic look.
- Feeling more vibrant? Go bold or go home with red, green, orange, or chartreuse cover-ups, accessories, and sandals.
Love the glitz and glamour of Old-Hollywood style? Then make a splash this summer with a retro-inspired suit that evokes the timeless allure of Marilyn Monroe. Whether you prefer a high-waisted bikini or opt for a one-piece, there are many ways to incorporate a vintage vibe into your summer swimsuit rotation.
From classic polka dots to a striped nautical design, you’ll own this retro look.
- Lipstick is a girl’s best friend. This eye-catching vintage look calls for a bold red or pink lip.
- Top it off. A floppy hat will look adorable with a retro suit.
If you haven’t heard, 2019 is the year of the belt. From belted swimsuits to belt bags, this is one warm-weather trend you won’t want to miss.
- Try this trend on for size with a one-piece swimsuit in classic black that features a belt in an eye-popping color like orange, green, or red.
Kimonos for Swimsuits
Cover-ups come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and prints for a reason. They’re an affordable way to show off your personality and mood.
From crochet-knit and animal print to sarongs and rompers, why limit yourself to just one cover-up this summer when there’s an endless array of cute options to try.
- Daytime: Wear a colorful kimono cover-up in an unexpected tropical print or a crochet cover-up romper to sizzle at daytime pool parties.
- Nighttime: Heat up those summer nights with a sultry sheer cover-up dress or a cover-up jumpsuit in red or black.
FOREVER 21 is your go-to source for all the hottest swimwear trends this summer. Get ready for warmer weather now by stocking up on all your favorite looks, from tropical bikinis to sexy kimono, and more!