Rock a style that is completely yours with DIY denim. From jeans to a jacket, denim is a wardrobe essential and can be easily finessed for cool, one-of-a-kind looks. That’s the beauty of denim: your jeans can easily be turned into cut-off shorts or your jacket ripped for a vintage look. Customize your favorite denim items with iron-on patches, charm sets, fringing, and more for a style that exudes main character energy.
Embellish Your Denim with Iron-On Patches
Throwing it back to elementary school here with some iron-on patches, like our moms used to use to cover up the holes. Yup. They’re in and we’re living for the unique looks they create when adorned on your denim jacket.
- Letters & Numbers – Spell it out with our gold glitter DIY Iron-on Embellished Letter collection or pin your lucky number with an Iron-On Glitter Number Patch in silver for a little sparkle.
- Graphics Patch Sets – for serious Coachella vibes we love the Feelings Graphic Embroidered Iron-On Patch Set or Fruit Graphic Embroidered Iron-On Patch Set.
- Love – spread the luv with an iron-on love patch. Check out this DIY Iron-On Love Embellishment with dangling chains which looks fierce on a stonewash denim jacket.
- Fringe – we love a bit of fringing on a jacket (who doesn’t) and this DIY Rhinestone Iron-On Embellishment can be ironed onto the back of your jacket easily. Style it with a graphic tee, some black high-waisted jeans, and a felt fedora for the most unique and confident look eva.
Easy Denim DIY: Charm Sets
Give your denim wardrobe a glow up with charm sets. Not only are they super cute, there is pretty much zero effort involved. Snag a Mushroom Cactus Charm Set to pin to your denim for Californian desert vibes. Or, remind everyone you’re a total snack with our Snack Food Charm Set.
How to Stonewash Jeans at Home
Looking to stonewash your jeans or jacket before adding an iron-on patch or charm set? Getting that worn, faded look is extremely easy to do. Here are the steps for mastering the stonewash look with minimal effort.
- If you can, use a front-loading washing machine.
- Add your denim to the machine and place a medium-sized handful of pumice stones or smooth river stones. Note: pumice stones tend to work better.
- Set the water level to medium, cold temperature and regular wash. Don’t add laundry detergent. When the cycle is finished, pull your denim out and you’re done!
- Repeat for a more dramatic effect.
At FOREVER 21, we support your fashion design dreams. The best part is you don’t have to be an experienced seamstress to personalize your clothing. In fact, you don’t have to be a seamstress at all! Our iron-on patches and charm sets are super easy to add to your denim collection. Rock out in your own unique style with our DIY Shop at FOREVER 21.