Fashion / On Repeat: 4 Questions With Icona Pop
We’ve been rocking out to the sounds of Icona Pop ever since we first kicked it with them for our SS13 magazine. The Swedish duo Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo are a dream team sent from the party gods with infectious synth-pop jams that make us want to bust some serious dance moves. And we love it. Peek our gab sesh with the dynamic duo then join us as we swoon with 10 Reasons Why We Love Icona Pop!
AJ + CH: Sunglasses!!!
Most prized possession…
CH: Vintage Jean Paul Gaultier suit which I borrowed money from Aino’s ex-boyfriend to purchase!
Words to live by…
CH: Don’t be scared, throw yourself out there, and don’t forget to have fun!
Dead or alive, you’d trade closets with…
AJ: Prince + David Bowie
We’re not gonna lie, we’re kind of obsessed. Join us as we count the ways we love Icona Pop…(as if it’s even necessary).
1. They rock glow-in-the-dark makeup like it’s nobody’s business.
2. They’re from Stockholm. Enough said.
3. They collab (and perform) with our girl Charli XCX.
4. They’re all about YOLO-ing and don’t give a hoot about what anyone thinks!
5. They’re 90s babes.
6. They’re totally girl power. Like the Spice Girls.
7. They’ve made a cameo on our TV obsesh HBO’s Girls. And met Lena Dunham.
8. It’s impossible to NOT break out into serious dance moves when listening to their music.
9. They are 100% authentically themselves. And totally unapologetic about it.
10. With lyrics like: “The harder you go, the better you feel,” how could we not want to party with them?