Fashion / DIY: HOW TO MAKE JELLYFISH AIR PLANTS
Spring is in the air— flowers are blooming, birds are chirping and wardrobes are changing! Which is precisely why we’ve decided to bring nature’s finest into our own humble abode with a jellyfish air plant DIY! Whether you’re an outdoor junkie or an aquatic aficionado, this quirky décor combines the best of both worlds and gives a little life to your pad! What more could you ask for? Check out our step-by-step instructions to make these wispy, ethereal plants, and…get ready to get hangin’!
- transparent string
- sea urchins
- air plants
- crimp beads
- flat nose pliers
1. Gather your materials.
2. Cut off desired length of transparent string.
3. Make a loop with one end of the transparent string and make sure it fits comfortably around the air plant to hold it in place.
4. String the top of the transparent wire through a crimp bead and then place the end of the transparent string through the crimp bead as well.
5. Ensure that the loop around the air plant is secure and use the pliers to secure the loop around the air plant with the crimp bead.
6. Cut off any excess string.
7. Take the transparent string end and loop it through the hole at the top of the sea urchin.
8. Place the sea urchin on top of the air plant’s roots and adjust as desired.
9. To make the loop for hanging your jellyfish, place the end of the string through another crimp bead and then place the end of the string through the bead again. This should create a loop.
10. Once you adjust the size of the loop to your preferred size, use the pliers to crimp the bead into place to secure the loop.
Don’t forget to submerge the plant in water for 2-3 hours every two weeks!